A Kilim rug is a flat tapestry rug, which is made in Pakistan or Balkans. Featuring beautiful designs and colours, it is often used as a decorative element in many homes. A Kilim rug is different from other sorts of rugs in the sense that the coloured warps and wefts are interweaved together to form a design. This is called a flat weave. With other rugs, different colours stands are knotted with the warps and are secured in place with the wefts.
As beautiful as a Kilim rug is, its appearance can be maintained only if you get it treated with a professional Kilim rug cleaning service.
Construction of Kilim Rugs
In a Kilim rug, the warps and wefts are weaved together, which produces an absolutely flat surface. This rug has no pile. The weaves are of the tapestry type, meaning that the horizontal wefts cover the vertical warps. If the coloured yarn reaches its end, it is tied back to the boundary line to give the appearance of a vertical line, forming a slit between two areas of different colours. As such, most Kilim rugs belong to the top class of slit woven textiles.
The warp stands extend to the ends of the rug and form the fringe on the sides. The fringe is tied together so that no weave loosens up.
Material and Construction
In most instances, the weft strands are made of wool. These are the strands, which form the design and give the rug its colour. The warp strands are hidden and visible only at the edges, where they form the fringe. Usually, this material is cotton.
Kilim Rug Cleaning Process
We will clean your precious Kilim rug with the following method.
- The first step of our Kilim rug cleaning is to clearly inspect your rug. Accordingly, we determine a suitable cleaning method.
- In the next step, we remove soil from your rug. We use a pile lifter for this purpose and a special vacuum unit. We run these across your rug, and all dust is eliminated.
- After dust particles have been extracted, we pre-treat your rug and fringes with a special solution so that all spots can be removed.
- Depending on the type of your Kilim rug, we will either wash it or dry clean it. This is why an initial inspection is necessary first. Only a thorough examination of your rug can help us choose a suitable method which will not damage your rug in any way. In all instances, we hand wash rugs.
- Once we are done with the washing, we rinse the rug thoroughly so that no residues are left behind.
- A rug has to be dried properly so that it does not shrink. We use special drying methods for this where high temperatures and low humidity levels are maintained.
Send us your Kilim rug today; let us treat it with our Kilim rug cleaning and make it look as good as new again
Specialist Cleaners of Silk and Natural Wool Rugs
Persian Carpets and Rugs - Turkish Kilims - Pakistani Rugs - Afghan Rugs - Chinese Rugs - Indian Rugs - Antique Rugs - Silk Rugs - Hand Made Rugs
Insurance Work Undertaken
Allclean are your family run traditional rug cleaners servicing Hertfordshire and London.
We take pride in our reputation, experience, education, systems and guarantee. We are very proud to hold multiple rug cleaning certifications within the IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning Restoration Certification), which are the highest available in the rug cleaning industry.
Professional Cleaners and Restorers of Natural Fibre and Wool Rugs in Hertfordshire and London.
We do not recommend in-home rug cleaning
Carpet cleaners offer in-home rug cleaning services, or rug steam-cleaning. Steam cleaning a rug only cleans the surface, leaving fine dirt and micro particles at the foundation. Also, if the rug does not dry fast enough, after it’s been steam cleaned, the opportunity for mould growth and odour arises.
Allclean offer Nationwide rug cleaning, restoration & repair services across Hertfordshire and London.
Free Scotchguard Treatment or Moth Treatment With Each Rug Clean
Rug Cleaning and Traditional Handwashing | Carpet Cleaning | Carpet Maintenance Plans | Sisal & Seagrass Carpet Cleaning | Sisal & Seagrass Maintenance Plans | Repairs and Restoration | Protector Treatments | Pet Stain and Odour Removal | Moth Treatments | Stain and Odour Removal | FREE Rug Collection and Return Service
Insurance Work Undertaken